Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vampire Weekend

I know I'm quite a few months behind the rest of the blogosphere on this one, but I'll be willing to bet that some of you are too. (Marc, I'm looking at you.)

Vampire Weekend, the blog band of late 2007.

So I'm driving to work today, and it is one of those beautiful, warm springtime days. I have my windows down, and the neighborhood I am driving in contains many, many rosebushes which are quite fragrant.

I pop in VW, and everything seems exactly right. Am I in a wonderful mood because of the album, or the weather, or both? who knows. I have decided one thing, though. If this band is polarizing, that's okay. If you are of a romantic mind like me, pop this album in today and I am quite sure you will enjoy it.

I really cannot get enough of the first four tracks lately. I've posted them for you to enjoy. Play them. Even if you, like me, have been enjoying this album for a little while now. This is really happy music.

Mansard Roof


Oxford Comma


A-Punk


Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

1 comment:

Bradley Kerl said...

yes! mansard roof really gets me going always.